Rogan Josh is usually prepared with lamb, but it tastes just as good made with chicken and will make a perfect main course option for special occasions.
Serves: 4 people
- 750 grams cut chicken breast
- 5 tablespoons ghee
- Black pepper powder as required
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds powder
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 2 red chillies
- 1/2 cup curd (yogurt)
- Salt as required
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch of asafoetida
- Heat ghee over moderate flame in a pan. Add all the whole spices to this and stir fry till they are fragrant.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add yogurt to the pan. Stir well.
- Now add all the powdered spices to the pan and cook till moisture is absorbed. Cook till the oil separates. Add a cup of water and allow it to simmer.
- Check the salt and seasoning, add more if required.
- Remove from fire and serve hot with naan and rice.
To cook your Chicken Rogan Josh get your fresh and healthy chicken delivered to your doorstep by clicking here.
Let us know how much you enjoyed this recipe in the comments section below.